Disability Research Community of Practice
The Melbourne Disability Institute invites researchers from across the University of Melbourne to join a Community of Practice focused on Disability Research.
The Melbourne Disability Institute is thinking about how best to support University of Melbourne researchers working in the field of disability. We would like to help bring people together, foster knowledge exchange, host relevant events, build capacity, help create connections to the sector, and more. To this end, we are facilitating a disability research community of practice through which we plan to:
- Provide a forum to enable showcases, information sharing (e.g., research findings, experiences, lessons learned, best practices) and problem-solving relevant to disability research
- Spark dialogue about disability, research and translation of research into practice
- Encourage collaboration within and outside of the University of Melbourne
- Develop, facilitate and mobilize resources for disability research
- Cultivate champions and facilitate connections between experts who might not otherwise interact
The Disability Research Community of Practice gathers monthly over lunch and the occasional breakfast or evening session to find out what colleagues are working on, discuss current disability policy, hear from experts in the field and connect with like-minded researchers from across the university.
Questions, suggestions, feedback or interested in joining the mailing list?
Please email Sara Donaldson at firstname.lastname@example.org and include 'DR Community of Practice' in the subject line.